I've moved come find me
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
At the Library this week I found this little number. I let Lucas choose any cupcake and he choose Marble cupcakes with a chocolate ganache frosting. The frosting called for 1 1/2 pounds of chocolate. There was so much chocolate and just enough sugar to hold it all together.Ingredients
Makes 16 cupcakes
1 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising), sifted
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk, room temperature
1/3 cup heavy cream, room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/4 cup boiling water
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Stir together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine milk and cream.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk mixture, and beating until combined.
3. To make chocolate batter, measure out 1 cup batter, and transfer to another bowl. Combine cocoa and the boiling water in a bowl. Stir into reserved 1 cup batter.
4. Fill prepared cups with alternating spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate batter, filling each three-quarters full. Run the tip of a paring knife or wooden skewer through batter in a figure-eight motion to make swirls. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until tops are golden and a cake tester (i.e. toothpick) inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored overnight at room temperature, or frozen up to 2 months, in airtight containers.
5. To finish dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Yummy we loved them. P.S. If you are ever invited over to my house for FHE expect cupcakes I want to practice but don't want to eat them all myself.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Lucas came home from work at 11:40pm. It had been a good but long week, it feels so good to have your best friend home with you.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Sherylynn Ball IS OUR WINNER
Wonderful s.e.i is sponsoring another giveaway!
s.e.i has great products with great sales!
All of these were from the clearance .10 a sheet and the buttons and stickers were $1.00 a sheet great deals.
Comment below to enter!
Become a new follower
Change your Facebook status and link this blog
Winner will be announced March 17th
Friday, March 4, 2011
Lucas requested Strawberrys
Lucas made me Shark! and yummy mango strawberry salad.
Cheesecake with strawberrys
Lucas bought me cake supplies and I got him a wedding picture and framed it. Our first one, yes we have been married two years and we finally have a wedding picture.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
This last month I took the Flowers and Cake Design class at Michaels.
I love what I learned it was fun fun!
The classes are still half off until May.
I have yet to take the Fondant and flowers class.
So if your interested let me know.
I made them for an activity for church.
It was called Blossom were your planted. We had fabric donated and made fabric flowers. We are going to donate them to the local Nursing Home to help brighten there day.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Wonderful downtown Logan.
I remember the first time I drove into Logan I was so excited to enjoy a clean town with lots of character.
I met a friend for lunch. I am hooked to this place. But if you are in a rush don't stop the owner/sandwich maker is a perfectionist.
It's all about the #1
This is were we got our wedding rings. We recommended it to all of our friends.
We had a special ring that we had found online they found it and had it brought into the store for a great price!