Sunday, January 10, 2010

ONE YEAR


What a wonderful weekend! We started off with celebrating our one year by visiting Hardware Ranch. If you have never been there I would recommend that you should. First the drive is wonderful the roads are immaculate, which is very comforting in traveling in the winter canyons in Logan. Hardware Ranch is a public owned land with hundreds of elk and you can get an up close view of these elf from your sleigh. The sleighs can hold around twenty and the horses that pull these sleighs are massive. Once you get there you can see the herd of elk from the road and when your sleigh takes off they head right for the herd. They pull you right through the middle of the herd. If they didn’t run off when the sleigh closed in on them it would be a petting zoo.

After are sleigh ride we went off the Texas Roadhouse a favorite in our house. Since it was a special day we went all out! We enjoyed a baby blossom which wasn’t so baby it was huge! They said it was perfect for two but I would have to say it was perfect for four people. Lucas got a full rack of ribs, half of which is in the fridge leftovers are so wonderful. I had a 10 oz prime rib and I happily ate the rest for breakfast.


Sunday we enjoyed sleeping and yummy food! Lucas made the pot roast and I made double stuffed potatoes, corn and a chocolate cake! In our process of making the chocolate we realized that we didn’t have enough white sugar so we made our first brown sugar cake. It really tastes like brown sugar!


The recipe calls for shortening we are big fans oF butter flavored!


We were sad to not have a true chocolate cake like our wedding cake but once we found a Paula Dean recipe we were very happy. We are big fans of her and my father in law has a big crush on Paula Dean he admits this openly! So anytime we make food to take over my in-laws I try to cook Paula’s recipes in hope to help my father in law label me as his favorite daughter in law.

No comments: