Sunday, August 15, 2010

Perfect Banana Bread

When I first made this receipe I don't know what I did or what happened or if I forgot the baking soda but it was horrible! I felt like an eight year old again that needed her husbands adult supervison in the kitchen. I remember posting my frusration on facebook and my aunt thought it was so cute that I was a newly wed trying to cook. Which did not make me feel any better. I'm 25 for goodness sakes my pioneer anscestors made bread when they were 5 why could I not make a simple loaf of banana bread.

My apron collection that has sat during 1st trimester that are finally being used again!

But success has come! I got this recipe from my sister who at one point and maybe still is forbidden to touch the bread pans in her house. Senor Guapo said that I am doing much better. I'm still smiling! Victory is finally mine in the banana making division.


It almost looks like a shake when you are done. But puree those bananas!

Makes ONE loaf (you should probably double or triple it, it goes FAST!)
1/2 cup of oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 bananas (pureed with a hand imerssion blender, you have to be CRAZY NUTS about how perfectly smooth and blended it must be.  No lumps, NOT ONE!)
Mix together
2 cups flour
1 T. Baking soda
1 pinch salt
Grease and flour pan. Bake 350 for 25-30 mins.

For muffins Bake for 17 min 16 if you like them a little gooey in the middle.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love love your new background!