Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dinner for Two

For our anniversery we decided to keep it simple and the gifts we got each other was dessert and an appetizer. Lucas was in charge of the appetizer and we had Havarti cheese, Colby cheese, crackers and peppered salami. We ate ever bite!

Salmon for two
 Lucas smoked the Salmon with hickory chips. He soaked them for 45 min and placed the in the smoker box  in the grill. We are huge fans of citrus so thinly sliced lemons and limes with lemon pepper is all we added.

Dessert was my gift I made a chocolate cheese cake with a white chocolate cream sauce to top it off. I turned out pretty good. I added to much butter to the graham cracker crust and it overcooked quickly. This was my first cheesecake and I'm sure there will be more to come! I got the recipe from Closet Cooking. This guy has a passion for food I want to try more of his creations.

2 comments:

vanessa said...

How did you find his cooking website? it looks awesome

Sarah G said...

I googled chocolate cheese cake pictures and choose the one I would want to eat! I love finding recipes that way